Photo of Spring Ridge Commons Work Party by Tony Sprackett (http://www.flickr.com/photos/sprackett/)
Do you have tools and gloves and a bit of time to spare on Sunday, March 13th? If so, think about joining a work party at Spring Ridge Commons, Victoria’s oldest and largest public permaculture garden. Fernwood NRG and Transition Victoria Food Group are taking leadership in supporting the Commons and monthly work parties are being organized.
This work party will be co-led byTamara Schwartzentruber, a certified Permaculture Designer /Teacher and Gardener, and local gardener Dan Miller.
Work Party Activities and Tasks: (More will be added....
* Impromptu site tours of Spring Ridge Commons
* Mulch some trees with wood chips, and inoculate them with the mycelium of wine cap mushrooms
* Some plantings
* Weeding morning glories and tackling blackberry bush
* Cutting down tall grass with kamas
* Place rocks (the size of two fists or bigger) to make the paths more defined? - Volunteers to collect /donate rocks beforehand would be much appreciated. Call Linda at (250) 380-6383.
For more information, go to the Springridge Commons site.